A well thought out backyard can be a huge factor when selling your home. It can influence the prospective buyers’ entire perception of the property. An overgrown yard can deter buyers and make a horrible first impression. In today’s post, we have put together some ideas to make your yard a selling point, helping you to get the best return on your home.
They don’t call it the great outdoors for anything. A well landscaped and maintained yard can add 15% to the value of your home. If a person REALLY loves it, your yard can add another 10% in perceived value to certain buyers! That’s a lot of value! Here are some suggestions to have your yard sell your home!
Tips to make your yard a selling point in Aurora
We can’t express enough how important curb appeal can be when it comes to selling your Aurora home. The fact of the matter is, people, DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. An overgrown front yard, worn paint, and overall messiness could cause some people not to even bother looking inside your home! Buyers purchase based on how the home will affect their status. Will your home increase their status or decrease it?
- Add paint touch-ups as needed
- Add new fixtures, locks, and doormat
- Refresh mailbox with some paint and flowers planted around the base
- Trim back bushes and trees, and make sure all the weeds are pulled from the flower beds.
Make Them Feel At Home
A backyard can be a huge opportunity for entertaining and a place for family and friends to gather. Let you potential buyers envision themselves relaxing in the space by setting up a few key areas.
- Make sure there are multiple seating areas.
- Add some leisure items such as a hammock or fire pit
- A nice backyard can almost serve as an additional room. Make the grilling area into an outdoor kitchen.
During showings and open houses, consider utilizing the backyard! Grill some burgers and create a relaxing, homey atmosphere for your guests!
A clean and neat front yard speaks volumes about how you care for the other aspects of your home. If you invest time and energy into the beautification of your front yard, then you are likely to do the same throughout the rest of the house. A clean front yard shows you take pride in your home, which potential buyers will recognize and respect.
- Power wash the sidewalk, porch, driveway and anything else that needs it. A good power washing can have the same effect as a fresh coat of paint!
- Pull the weeds, edge the lawn and trim back bushes and trees.
- Get rid of ANY clutter laying around. Even if it something you use, if it is in anyway an eye-sore, store it away somewhere else.
- Wash the windows, inside and out
- Touch up worn out or chipped paint
- Consider putting in new mulch or rock around the perimeter of the house.
- Fix anything in need of repair… steps, mailbox, etc.
While you want a beautiful yard, you don’t want it to be a full-time job to maintain. Simple and clean is the best way to go.
- Consider installing an irrigation system for all yard areas if you don’t already have one.
- Don’t plant high maintenance vegetation
- Consider a rock garden, sand or gravel in one area of the yard.
However, you choose to landscape, make sure you are doing it consciously, with your potential buyer in mind! Your yard can make or break the sale of your home! Keep this in mind when you are ready to sell your Aurora house!
If you are thinking about selling your Aurora home, we can help you sell your house for the most cash!